The Only Bush I Trust Is My Own

Thursday, July 14, 2005

Buena Vista Social Club at the Park

OMG The outdoor presentation of Buena Vista Social Club at the Sculpture park was AMAZING. Well, aside from the fact that it was mostly really cute happy couples, and I was with my usual 8 year old date, it was wonderful. First off, they showcase a different country every week. This week was Cuba, so they showed Buena Vista Social Club, and had this Latin band play until the sun set, then they served Cuban food. Holy crap, if I were dating, this would be the spot. Lots of picnic baskets and bottles of wine, view of the city all lit up. The music of course was amazing, and this particular movie is so well shot. I almost got emotional.

Next week is Slovenia. Im totally there.

BTW, the band was great. Here is their website

www.sonamigos.com

Apparently the percussionist (drummer just seems too harsh here)is from LIC, they had a different bass player and he was great. Red headed guy sitting there singing Spanish songs. He announced he was from Brooklyn. Dont see him on the website, though.

Anyhoo, there were clouds and I was SURE it was going to rain. But they passed right over us, and the night was absolutely stunning.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats