The Only Bush I Trust Is My Own

Friday, June 10, 2005

Whats the Story Morning Glory

Michael Franti (from my mp3 player):"you need to heed the words of Dalai Lama!
Or at least the words of your mama.."

Me: hello?!? EXCUSE ME, watch your fucking umbrella!! (pushing it off of my head). Thought to self : why the fuck do people open their umbrellas when there are like two drops of rain coming down?!?

Suddenly the rain begins to POUR DOWN and everyone is running. I find this ridiculously funny because I look at everyone's faces and it seems like everyone is laughing or giggling at one another. I start laughing too- its contagious. I stand there for a minute getting drenched (I love rain in the summertime) then decide, I better open my umbrella too or Ill look like a big frizz head at work today and I have a white top on and not the sexiest bra in the world. When New York isn't busy kicking my ass, I love her.

My coffee lady has betrayed me. Its been 95 degrees out and she doesn't serve iced coffee. WTF? I really want to be loyal. I do. My heart sincerely is in the right place. But I need my iced coffee when the weather hits above 80. I know Ive seen her daughters graduation pics, and I know that Im a regular and its shitty and horrible for me cheat on her, but the guy down the block serves iced coffee for 1.25 and its mmmmm mmmmmm good every single day. Im thinking of leaving an anonymous cold drip coffee maker for my coffee lady. Any opinions on this?

This weekend is the Puerto Rican Day parade in NYC and The Big Apple Block Party. Im torn. Under normal circumstances I would avoid the city like the plague during the parade. Sorry all my Puerto Rican friends, I love yall, and I will dance my ass off to some Gran Combo or Hector Lavoe, but cant do the parade. But the Block Party has the potential to be SOOO much fun!! I mean BBQ and bluegrass. What more could you want??

3 Comments:

  • At 5:11 PM, Blogger Rant-N-Roll said…

    The same rain phenomenon occurs in Chicago. I call it the Wicked With of the West Syndrome, where the umbrellas pop open the second one drop falls from the sky, seemingly from fear of melting. I don't know if you have this problem in New York: Golf Umbrellas. Those huge, sidewalk-hogging umbrellas that could shelter your average family of refugees.

    As for coffee, it's hard to stay loyal when someone else is giving you what you want (hey, it's my drug of choice). Did you go to the block party? It's good to read you again. I've been away from you're blog for a bit too long.

     
  • At 5:11 PM, Blogger Rant-N-Roll said…

    (I meant "Witch" in the previous comment. . .duh.)

     
  • At 2:06 PM, Blogger Mary said…

    Not in New Orleans. Of course, it's so damn hot and humid that very few people are walking around on the sidewalk on any given summer day anyway. You run from air conditioned house to air conditioned car and drive to air conditioned parking garage which is in air conditioned building. And so on...until well into October!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats