The Only Bush I Trust Is My Own

Thursday, April 14, 2005

Payback from the Gods

Today I realized why animals eat their young.

It was 6:00 in the morning and I hear the pitter patter of little feet running into my bedroom across the hardwood floors and the jolt of the bed as G climbs in under my covers. I turn to her and hug her. Her cold feet are on my legs, but I don’t care. She pushes away and proceeds to toss around a bit. She then decides it would be a good idea to get out of my bed, run to the hamster cage and put the hamster on my arm (therefore scaring the living shit out of me). I’m half asleep but I feel this furry creature on my arm and jumped so high and fast, I swear it was like I was possessed. That was the end of my sleep.

SO, its the last day of school in Jersey for G- I have to start moving tomorrow and enroll her tomorrow. She has to be with me, so today is going to be her official last day of school. The school has made it clear that she must return her library book before they release her records. So, me being neurotic mom, follows her around all morning saying “G, you have your book, you have it?” “Yes mom, yes” she replies. About 10 minutes before we go I say “G, you have your book” and get this (and keep in mind she’s only 7!) “UGHHHHH!!! Stop reminding me! You always do that! You ask me over and over and over!! GOSH!!!!!” so after I gave her the “Who do you think you are talking to?” speech, we load up into the car and head to the school. As Im driving Im realizing that yes, you know, I always do that. It must be annoying to have me running behind you saying over and over “do you have this? do you have that?”. You know, I think I should make a conscious effort to show G that I do trust her. That I know she is capable of listening to me. I really should stop being such a nag. We are pulling up in front of the school and I am panning for a parking spot. Gabby is getting her book bag and her coat and fixing her hair. “Mom?” she says “can we go back home?” “why, sweetie?” I ask, thinking maybe she is dreading the last day of school. “I forgot my book” . I stopped the car right there in the middle of the road and turned to her and said “You have GOT TO BE KIDDING ME! Your kidding right? Your kidding, Ms. YOU ALWAYS REMIND ME”. She starts crying “Im stupid” she says. “Oh hush!" I snarl and I pull up in the spot. So now, tomorrow among everything else, we have to go to her school to return the book so we can get her release papers and bring them to the new school in Queens!!

God, you are such a genius. A poet. A true artist and a master of irony. You are so creative in how you torture me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats