The Only Bush I Trust Is My Own

Tuesday, May 31, 2005

Yeay! I have Furniture!

I know I know, naughty me, its been a while.

Ive just been so busy busy busy that I haven’t had time to actually sit and write everything going on. CBITW is doing great, Im still all crazy about him, G is doing fab. Her Birthday passed this past weekend, and after the weather man teasing us with rain, no rain, then rain, then no rain, then rain, we did the party in what was at that day my furniture less living room. Sort of Japanese style, sit on the floor sort of thing. Pretty funny. Pizza, friends and sitting on the floor. I kind of dug it. Anyhow, the following day, I had to go to the cute Arabic boys house to pick up furniture that I was buying off of him. But first let me give you a proper introduction to the Cute Arabic Boy.

So I decide that I need to have this certain coffee table at Ikea. A certain model. So, I do a search on CL for this table, and up it comes, and I realize this person is also selling a futon, a table and chairs and the coffee table, and another Ikea chair. Yeay! To boot, the whole shebang is fairly cheap. So, I email and set up a time to come see the stuff the following day. The next day, Gabby and I find our way to his apt on 68th street. We get there, and ring the bell and he comes down to let me in. I was taken a bit off guard. He was tall, dark and handsome, with a great smile and great teeth. What a pity that I am madly in love right now, because if I wasn’t, I would have taken full advantage of the situation. We do introductions and I go inside to see the furniture. I find out this guy is moving because he is having visa issues and is being sent back to Lebanon. I felt sort of bad buying his stuff. I cant imagine what that must be like. I really felt so bad for him. Not to mention New York will definitely lose a nice piece of eye candy. Pity, really. He has to get rid of everything so he throws in a lamp and a desk, and me with hardly any furniture except for the bedrooms, feels like I won the lottery.

Sunday, G is in Jersey with my friend and her daughter I go there alone. Its 11:00, the movers should have been there. They were late so it was he and I, just there talking and laughing and really kind of vibing, and Im thinking of how mature I have become. 5 years ago, this would have been an episode of Sex in the City, but even though this guy is hot, honey, let me just say, he ain’t no CBITW and that is just that. The movers come two hours late and we load up. Hot Arabic guy and I part ways and say goodbye, I feel good about myself. So Sunday, my apartment is all set up, and pretty and Im just loving sitting in my living room, but I have things to do, so the time with my new living room is short. I call CBITW, just to say hi, and that I will see him later on and head off to Jersey, to get G from my friend Ls house and take her to see Ds family. She was so happy to see them. A was there and it was like they just reconnected. It was really nice. I head off back to my house to get ready to see CBITW. We had a great evening eating Thai food and just talking. It was really nice, really laid back, and I really needed that. Monday, CBITW and I have brunch and he takes me to get G from D. We part ways and Im feeling secure again. This weekend we really just seemed back to normal. It really was wonderful. After I get G, and settle in the apartment, I decide, like most women do about 5 days before their period that I need to cut my bangs. So off to the bathroom I go, with scissors in hand. I did the best I could really, only they weren’t even, and I kept having to “fix” and “Fix” making them shorter and shorter. I stopped finally and looked up in the mirror and so MOE from the three stooges looking back at me. Sharp objects and hair dye should be removed from my home every week before my period.

So I get to work this morning and there is an email in my in box from Hot Arabic Guy. The email is asking if everything went ok and how the movers were. I say how everything is wonderful and send him a pic I took of the dining table in my dining area. It all looks really good. I tell Hot Arabic Guy thank you and that was the end of that. I tried to think of some friends I could set him up with (since he did express some interest in that). Seems a shame to let him go to waste, but couldn’t think of any. Oh well, any ladies in the NY area interested in Hot Arabic Guy, email me. You wont be dissapointed.

1 Comments:

  • At 12:33 PM, Blogger Mary said…

    Please send Hot Arabic Guy to my friend, Rebecca, in Los Angeles. She just dumped a big GEEK who clearly wasn't worthy of her in the first place!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats