The Only Bush I Trust Is My Own

Wednesday, September 17, 2008

McCain and GWB.. More of the same..

Quote:
I also want to talk about the national challenges we face. I believe that -- I'm an optimist. I'm an optimist about our economy. And I should be. The fundamentals are strong, interest rates are low, monetary policy is sound. I can assure you I will work with Congress to control excessive federal spending. One reason they give the President the veto power is to make sure the Congress doesn't over-spend. Over-spending could serve as an anchor on economic vitality and growth.

-- GW Bush, August 2002

http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/releases/20...20020805-4.html

Quote:
Asked how he responds to economists' concerns that the nation is at increasing risk of recession, the president said: "The fundamentals of our nation’s economy are strong. Inflation is down. Job markets are steady and strong."

-- GW Bush, September 2007

http://articles.latimes.com/2007/sep/21/nation/na-bush21

Quote:
The administration worked with the House -- it may surprise you that Republicans and Democrats can actually get something done in a constructive fashion, but it happened in this case, for the good of the country. And now the Senate is debating the bill, and it's very important for the Senate to finish their work quickly because the sooner we can get money into our consumers' hands, the more likely it is, is that this economy will get back -- recover from this period of uncertainty.

The fundamentals are strong, we're just in a rough patch, as witnessed by the employment figures today. And I'm confident we can get through this rough patch and one way to do it is for Congress and the administration to work collaboratively and get this deal done.

-- GW Bush, February, 2008

http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/releases/20...20080201-7.html

Quote:
"I am hopeful the worst is over,'' McCain said in answering a question about liquidity in the market. "I still believe the fundamentals of our economy are strong.''

-- John McCain, March 2008

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=206...&refer=home

Quote:
"You know that there's been tremendous turmoil in our financial markets and Wall St. And it is -- people are frightened by these events. Our economy, I think still -- the fundamentals of our economy are strong. But these are very, very difficult times."

-- John McCain, Sept 2008

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats